Wusthof Classic IKON Cook's Knife, 9 Inch, Black
- KITCHEN WORKHORSE – The WÜSTHOF 9” CLASSIC IKON Cook's Knife is essential for preparing any meal. This all-purpose cook’s knife can be used for chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing
- WÜSTHOF CLASSIC IKON SERIES – Features a sleek and sophisticated black handle with a double bolster for exceptional balance, beauty, and the ultimate cutting experience. Classic IKON: Design, Ergonomics, and Quality Perfected
- CHEF’S KNIFE – Features a 9” long blade with a distinctive double Bolster design for professional-style heft. German Made Cook’s Knife with a sleek ergonomic handle design made from a long-lasting synthetic material to resist fading and discoloration
- PRECISION FORGED – The 9” Chef’s Knife is forged from a single block of High Carbon Stainless Steel and tempered to 58-degree HRC. The Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention than previous models
- CENTURIES OF TRADITION – Family owned for seven generations, WÜSTHOF was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. WÜSTHOF’s cutlery carries the Solingen name, a designation reserved for products that meet the strictest quality standards
The ergonomically balanced handle fits comfortably in the hand and facilitates effortless cutting.
The slim bolster design allows for light weight feel and for the whole blade to be used and resharpened.
Forged from a single piece of stainless steel. Complete with a double bolster and high quality engraved logo.
Precision Edge Technology
PEtec edge, enhances sharpness by 20% and lasts twice as long.
- Exceptionally long edge retention / long service life of blade.
- Precision robots sharpen the blades on a whetstone.
- Extremely high initial cutting performance.
- Unique, consistently high and reproducible quality.
- Optimum cutting edge along the entire length of the blade.
- The knives are given a final polish using a special disc.
The City of Blades
Family owned for seven generations, WÜSTHOF was founded in Solingen Germany over 200 years ago. Long renowned as “The City of Blades,” Solingen has earned the reputation for crafting fine cutlery generation after generation. Located in Western Germany near the banks of the Wupper River, Solingen has been home to master blacksmiths for over 2,000 years. WÜSTHOF continues to call the picturesque city of Solingen its home, and proudly marks each blade as “Made in Solingen.”
- Knives made in Solingen have long been honored and prized for their outstanding quality and craftsmanship.
- For that reason, the name of Solingen has been protected with legislation, “The Solingen Decree,”
- WÜSTHOF first got its start in Solingen and the business has remained in the WÜSTHOF family ever since.
CLASSIC IKON COOK'S KNIFE
WÜSTHOF’S CLASSIC IKON knives feature a distinctive, double bolster design for professional-style heft, exceptional balance and beauty. The handle is made of a highly durable synthetic material – Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration. The elegant shape of the handle is designed for a comfortable grip.
The CLASSIC IKON Cook’s Knife is the work horse of the kitchen, or the essential kitchen knife. The cook’s knife is an indispensable all-purpose kitchen knife that can be used for chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing. Due to the weight and balance of the knife, it is also perfect for heavy duty work such as cutting thicker vegetables and meats.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Tempered to 58⁰ Rockwell
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance.
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance.
|Cook’s Knife||Paring Knife||Hollow Edge Santoku||7 Piece Block Set||22 Piece Block Set|
|Hardness||58⁰ Rockwell||58⁰ Rockwell||58⁰ Rockwell||58⁰ Rockwell||58⁰ Rockwell|
|Long Lasting Handles||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Perfect for||Chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing thicker vegetables and meats.||Slicing and peeling small produce such as garlic cloves and herbs.||Prep a wide array of fresh produce, including potatoes, which tend to stick to a knife’s blade.||Starter Set||Newlywed Present|